MBST was developed in Germany in the 1990’s as a derivative of MRI technology.
For a cell to function and survive it needs a constant supply of adequate energy. MBST saturates targeted cells with energy, which stimulates the growth of new cells. Thus in areas where body tissue, such as cartilage or bone, has been worn away or reduced for other reasons, MBST can stimulate new growth of tissue and rebuild cartilage and bone.
Osteoarthritis is a degenerative disease of large and small joints and of the spine. It tends to be more prevalent in the over 45’s and left untreated, has severe implications for pain and loss of function affecting the ability to carry out normal daily activities.
Over 30% of the population suffer Osteoarthritis when they don’t have to.
10 Year Study
Data gathered from 61 MBST treatment centres for over 4,500 patients suffering Osteoarthritis, across Germany and Austria from 2000 to 2010 has been published in 2013 by Kullich, Overbeck and Spiegel.
Because Osteoarthritis causes both pain and function problems, both of these were measured before treatment, after treatment and then at 3, 6 and 12 months after treatment. The analysis of pain looked at peak pain, pain under normal daily activity and pain at rest. For each of these both the level and frequency of pain were recorded.
Although MBST can treat Osteoarthritis in any joint in the body, this study focussed on four body areas:
- Lower back
- Pain reduced immediately after treatment
- At no time did pain return to initial levels
- All types of pain reduced significantly
- Pain frequency also continuously decreased:
- Peak pain to very little / twice a month
- Pain in normal activity from daily to once a week
- Pain at rest to rare/ very rare
- Sleep quality improved from 39% to 72%
- Pain free walking more than doubled from 23.5% to 48.2%
- Crouching / kneeling without difficulty increased from 14.9% to 31.9%
- High % improvements in climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground and walking distances recorded
- Clear improvements in both pain and function
- Every single patient showed improvement in pain at rest—halved in 12 months
- Walking without complaint jumped from 20% to 47.5%
- Problems getting socks on fell from 21.9% to 12.1%
- Getting up & down stairs without difficulty improved from 30% to 60%
- All patients could get in & out of a car without difficulty
Low Back Pain
- Positive, ongoing benefits to low back pain.
- Pain score in normal daily activity dropped from 5/10 to 2.9/10. Pain at rest fell from 3.2/10 to 1.9/10.
- Quality of sleep was much better
- Less pain with all normal daily activities.
- Normal weight patients gained significantly higher benefits than obese patients.
- Peak & activity pain reduced 47% and pain at rest reduced 40%.
- Pain frequency down from daily to rarely.
- Clear functional improvements were gained.
- “One year study with multicenter data of more than 4,500 patients with degenerative rheumatic diseases treated with therapeutic nuclear magnetic resonance” W. Kullich, J. Overbeck & H.U.Spiegel. ISSN 1053-8127/13/